Blog for RotG AU fic, The Heavy Weight of Duty: Former Prince of the Moon, Jack Frost, is the Nightmare King's courtesan.
Originally based on this gorgeous artwork.
I'm tracking the following tags:
The heavy weight of duty - THWoD - adelaiderain - raininginadelaide
Title: Counterweight 5/?
Note: Modern day AU of my fantasy blackice fic The heavy weight of duty but can be read standalone.
Word count: 1762
Summary: The fundraiser is unsufferably dull and Jack goes onto the balcony for a smoke. When a tall dark stranger named Pitch follows him, suddenly it’s not so dull any more.
I know when I have these troubles, I just take a break. I think forcing yourself may make it worse…I’m not exactly sure how long it has been since you updated. Please take your time. :)
Yes, I think it does make it worse ;_; But at the same time I don’t want to take too long a break in case I never finish it! It’s been three and a bit weeks since the last chapter, it’s probably going to be at least another two before it’s posted. Like I said, I’ll try and work on it over the long weekend.
But on the plus side I’ve just finished the next bit of Counterweight, so at least I’m still writing :)
And thank you so much for your kind, helpful words :)
I’m sure you’ve noticed from the time between chapters but I’ve been really struggling with THWoD lately. Over my reread it feels like that’s come across in the chapters too, but hopefully it’s not been too obvious.
Over the past week or so, I’ve been working a lot on getting the plot straight in my head and trying to reconnect with the characters, so I’m hoping that things are going to get better. Over the Easter break (5 and a half days of holiday, bring it) I’m going to really try and get as much written as possible, hopefully get my head back into the story.
I’ve been having a really hard time with it, and it’s completely frustrating and the more I try, the worse it gets. But I do feel a little better now, and having the whole thing plotted out, right to the very end, is going to help (I hope!).
tl;dr - Sorry for the delay, I’m really struggling with this but hopefully I’ll kick this story in the ass and remind it who’s in charge here.
Pitch does indeed exercise - usually every few days depending on how busy he is and how stressed out he is - it’s a good way of relieving tension for him (well, ONE of the ways - the other of course involves Jack).
His favourite exercises are running, which helps him think things through; and combat training, either with an opponent or with a punching bag.
As we’ve seen, sometimes Jack likes to watch Pitch as he works out - there’s something kind of hot about it. As we will see, he’s going to try working out with Pitch - and there’s something very hot about that.
Almost - Kader and Riann both have earth magic, but Kader is much stronger than Riann is. She hates that fact so much that she never (or very rarely) uses her own magic. She wears cuffs made by a smith in Lunanoff that augment her strength and speed - not to Superman levels or anything like that, but considering she’s a fierce warrior anyway they make her very dangerous. That’s how she was able to tear Jack’s collar off like that, using her augmented strength.
As for Kader being able to manipulate metal - he probably could, if he really applied himself. It’s not something he’s tried so far, but if he ends up being part of this war - on one side or the other - then maybe that’s something he’ll look into.
Send me some numbers, and I will tell you:
- What does their bedroom look like?
- Do they have any daily rituals?
- Do they exercise, and if so, what do they do? How often?
- What would they do if they needed to make dinner but the kitchen was busy?
- Cleanliness habits (personal, workspace, etc.)
- Eating habits and sample daily menu
- Favorite way to waste time and feelings surrounding wasting time
- Favorite indulgence and feelings surrounding indulging
- Neuroses? Do they recognize them as such?
- Intellectual pursuits?
- Favorite book genre?
- Sexual Orientation? And, regardless of own orientation, thoughts on sexual orientation in general?
- Physical abnormalities? (Both visible and not, including injuries/disabilities, long-term illnesses, food-intolerances, etc.)
- Biggest and smallest short term goal?
- Biggest and smallest long term goal?
- Preferred mode of dress and rituals surrounding dress
- Favorite beverage?
- What do they think about before falling asleep at night?
- Childhood illnesses? Any interesting stories behind them?
- Turn-ons? Turn-offs?
- Given a blank piece of paper, a pencil, and nothing to do, what would happen?
- How organized are they? How does this organization/disorganization manifest in their everyday life?
- Is there one subject of study that they excel at? Or do they even care about intellectual pursuits at all?
- How do they see themselves 5 years from today?
- Do they have any plans for the future? Any contingency plans if things don’t workout?
- What is their biggest regret?
- Who do they see as their best friend? Their worst enemy?
- Reaction to sudden extrapersonal disaster (eg The house is on fire! What do they do?)
- Reaction to sudden intrapersonal disaster (eg close family member suddenly dies)
- Most prized possession?
- Thoughts on material possessions in general?
- Concept of home and family?
- Thoughts on privacy? (Are they a private person, or are they prone to ‘TMI’?)
- What activities do they enjoy, but consider to be a waste of time?
- What makes them feel guilty?
- Are they more analytical or more emotional in their decision-making?
- Would they consider themselves a Type A or Type B personality?
- What recharges them when they’re feeling drained?
- Would you say that they have a superiority-complex? Inferiority-complex? Neither?
- How misanthropic are they?
- How far did they get in formal education? What are their views on formal education vs self-education?
- Superstitions or views on the occult?
- Do they express their thoughts through words or deeds?
- If they were to fall in love, who (or what) is their ideal?
- How do they express love?
- If this person were to get into a fist fight, what is their fighting style like?
- Is this person afraid of dying? Why or why not?